Victorious Festival


Victorious Festival 2018









I was lucky enough to attend Victorious Festival this year, alongside my best friend Martika, or as we like to call her- Tika. 
Spending hours outfit picking and deciding on what to do with our hair... Friday Nights outfit was covered by a raincoat so next time I go to a festival and it rains... less worry about what to wear- just add layers and leave the house, Jacqueline. 

It wouldn’t be  a trip home to Gosport if I didn’t forget anything. This time it was my phone charger, rain coat and multiple pairs of shoes in which I had to promptly replace as soon as I got here- Thank you New Look for the cute shoes.

As we set off on the ferry and made our way to Southsea seafront it began to rain and the festival wet look set in, leading to raincoats being zipped the whole way up and a lot of regret towards wearing shorts. 




 - PREMIUM AREA - These hammocks are harder to sit on than it looks, it took many attempts to sit on it without being thrown off, which unfortunately there is no pictures of as that would’ve been comedy content. 
Disclaimer, the bottom photo was taken at night so sorry for the colour difference. 










The girl in the pictures with long brown hair? that’s Katie. We TRIED and failed to surprise her as she didn’t know we were attending Victorious this year! Read on to find out more about her (She’s a big part of this post so continue to find out why) 

Day One there wasn’t all the areas open, so we spent the time walking around the VIP area looking at the food and drink trailers, 

This one was by far my favourite- they offered healthy organic treats and drinks by a friendly and welcoming family. Their company is called Four Fillies - click the link to check out their website for more!

We also stomped around the main field and checked out the strongbow area, danced to some music in the rain before getting a bit too hungry. We noticed someone had ordered chips with america style cheese on and couldn’t wait to try it. They were all I had wanted to try and honestly there was way to much cheese on  but i’m a sucker for chips- especially for someone who is suppose to be going dairy free I shouldn’t have had them but i’m glad I tried it so I now don’t have to think “I wish I tried them” for eternity. 





The sun began to set and the excitement of Kaiser  Chiefs set in, As it was pouring down I didn’t want to get my camera soaked, very expensive equipment and rain don’t go down to well. I got a few shots from afar though- 















  D A Y T W O 

This is where the fun began. The sun was shining and everyone around us was smiling. The atmosphere was so much better and everyone looked like they were having the best time. Today we wandered around the majority of the site attempting to capture the best parts- attempting as I am an amateur and used this day to play around with my new camera to try and succeed in taking high quality pictures. 






The first time I tried bubble waffle today, we got the s’mores filled waffle and it was soooo good. I would just add more chocolate and ice cream next time but never the less it was delicious. Next time I think I’m going to go for the banofee as that looks so nice. 

Spread the love..










These signs are so effective at a festival, loads of people crowd around and wait their turn to get a photo. If only I was as brave as one of the children that stood at the top of the H  giggling to his family below. A toddler kept entertained for a while by running through the gap of the A, looking through to see if anyone was in there and making sounds to see if it echoed back to him.
 We then headed around to the kids zone and wandered through to see children dancing around, waiting in lines for rides and even participating a ‘flossing’ competition in one of the tents, so cute!







We then continued to path around to the acoustic stage where a band was singing upbeat songs and getting the crowd moving and dancing around. Although I didn’t catch their name I managed to snap a shot of them..


Pimp my fries probably has to win on the most attractive/ eye catching sign.. they offered a range of different cut fries with tasty toppings, but we were too full from the bubble waffle to even think about food, maybe next time.





Chicken balls and curry sauce, my type of food stall! 
There was so many out here, including vegan stalls, pizza, falafel, fish and chips, crepe, burger etc. There’s so much to chose from it’s hard to chose from. There’s even a street full of sunglasses stalls, clothes and sweets. My favourite ones are the boho/ gypsy stalls it’s so hard to refrain from buying get another pair of sunglasses and elephant shorts, but I did it. 







Now, to the best part. 

 KATIE LOUISE BALL. 
This year Katie played at the strong island acoustic stage, we missed the first song as we accidentally went to the wrong stage so... future note: find the stage beforehand. 






Katie is a country style singer, playing to crouwds with just a mic and a guitar. She covers songs and writes her own music which are catchy, making it hard not to stay still. Katie motivates the crowds and gets them involved with her by getting people to clap or sing along in parts, to the point where people screamed ‘one more song’ when it was time for her to go. Head over to her Facebook page Katie Louise Ball Music to keep up to date and see where she is playing next. 
As she got of the stage people come running over to her complimenting her on how good her set was and even got an incrediable repsonse from a mother saying her music encouraged her son to come out of his shell and began to speak and gain self confidence - side note, Katie also holds a full time job in a Nursery. 


The amp stage, where Young children in college got on stage and got the crowds in, This guy was incrediable. His voice even got me and Tika on our achy feet’s to dance and move around, even if our legs hurt. 



 








This little village looking area had lots of little wooden huts filled with things like artists work, vintage jewellery, food stalls, face paint and even a photo booth. I was all over the slush puppies and candy floss. 










As the sun began to set we headed over to the mainstage for one last boogie before we went home, although I only knew a few songs we dance until we couldn’t walk anymore. 
We didn’t go to day three as our bodies ache and the rain is non stop, I for one don’t like being cold and wet so I’m gutted because we miss some good acts but after Saturday, I think it’s safe to say we had the best time at Victorious Festival. Forever grateful to the organisers for allowing us to be apart of it, so thank you. 





I also used this opportunity to learn how to capture photos and better my portfolio to get into photography with a little bit of skill. If you have any enquiries or would like me to attend your event as a photographer 
or a blogger then contact me!

After doing over 30K steps this weekend, I think a netflix and chill kind of day is earned!

Lots of love, Jacqueline xx



Katie Louise Ball Music

Comments

Popular Posts