Why does January feel so long?


Jacqueline Morby
So, we only have a few more days left of this looooong month!

With payday just across the weekend and February looming in I thought it would be a good idea to take a look back in January.


For starters, I turned 24! I am not going to lie, I spent the majority of the day binge-watching Netflix Sex Education, and I don't regret a thing.  Sometimes you just need a duvet day and it well and truly did me good as the rest of the week I was full of energy and positivity, which is highly unlike my tired self.

I have also done a lot of shopping as I'm upgrading the wardrobe this month, so here are a few snaps from this month's favorite wears:

Fashion Style
On my Instagram

This due is my all time favorite, nothing beats a pinafore and a high neck! Both From new look.
Its super comfy and although it isn't figure hugging it also isn't just one of those dresses that go straight down- looking like you have no figure at all if you get what I mean..

Pinafore link - Here
High Neck link- Here




Fashion Style
On my Instagram 
This combo gets me SO excited for summer!
Although I haven't worn it out yet I have worn it around the house- minus the bum bag.
It's a basic Oversized white tee from Primark, I believe it could be from the men's section. But let's be honest sometimes it is needed to get it from the men because who really cares as long as it fits?
I got some converses for my birthday and I am in looove with them!
I also got this pink extremely soft bumbag too which pulls the tee in at the waist ah I love it.

Tee link- Here
Converse link- Here
BumBag link- Here (They don't do the pink online at the moment!) 



Fashion Style
On my Instagram

I purchased a Denim skirt at the beginning of January and I've been pairing it with tights to suit the current weather. I honestly could wear this every day, it is so simple to just pair with a tee- for instance In this picture I paired it with my Friends Tee from New look and jobs a gooden. I also got some Adidas Gazelles and they are theeee comfiest pair of shoes, I went to the shop twice yesterday- mainly because I forgot groceries but also just to have an excuse to wear them! I also wore my hair extensions in this, to add volume and length- I love them! Although they are extremely matted and no matter what brush I put through it they won't unmatt.. time for some new ones I think!

Tee Link- Here
Skirt Link - Here
Adidas Link- Here
Hair Extensions- Here



I also decided to do a ‘Where to eat’ around my local area but honestly, I failed. I did manage to get somephotos but I forgot when we went out for dinner until we had finished so... 

Here is my all time favorite- Jack and Grills in Hythe, Southampton.

Jack and Grills Food



We also went to the Heath, which is the pub we go to the most- every so often we get 40% off vouchers through the post so not only is it cheap but it is so good. I always end up going for a burger and sweet potato fries so next time I need to be more adventurous with the menu but hey ho.
The decor is very rustic like and very interesting as no two walls are the same and they have lots of different little-added bits to make it unique and interesting which I really like, especially the back wall which is real logs.

The Health Pub Food




We also have the SeaShells in Hythe, It has a separate eating area to the drinking which is lovely and overlooks the water opposite Southampton which is really nice. Especially in the summer as there is a balcony where you can eat out on or just go out for some drinks.

                          The Table numbers are what also done it for me, so simple but so CUTE! 




Skincare- I've been trying super hard this month to stick to my skincare, and as I'm only human I did miss out a few days. I am really enjoying the Liz Earle, Im going to do a seperate blog post all about skin care so keep an eye out! 
Liz Earle Skin Care




I've also been binge-watching a lot of series, for instance
Sex Education- A little strange but good!

You- Really addictive to watch and also very good, can't wait for the next series!

The Good Place- Really funny! Easy to watch and would recommend.

Luther- One of the best series I have watched in a long time! Me and Rhys binge-watched all five series in like a week we couldn't get enough!

Game of Thrones- Now seen as the next set of episodes is coming out in April -EEEEK- We have decided to begin rewatching the whole series ready for the new episodes!

I've also read the end half of Harry Potter 3, finished the 4th and I'm now 200 pages into the 5th book,

SO all in all- although everyone says they can't wait for January to end I have actually had a very productive month and believe it been a good start to the year- Start as you mean to go on, right?


Thank you for sticking to the end, If you enjoyed it feel free to go check out my last blog post Book VS Film!


What did you get up to this January?

Lots of love, Jacqueline.

Comments

Popular Posts