In need of a holiday?




As the cold weather continues and January is finally over, holidays are more than likely on everyone’s minds.
Last November my partner and I visited Cape Verde. We stayed in the gorgeous hotel Riu Karamboa for a week so I thought I would do a post with a few pictures as my recommendation of your go to destination this year!








As an all inclusive holiday, there are many restraunts and bars over the hotels grounds to go to for a snack or a drink, admittedly I drank more strawberry daiquiris than I could dream of and ate from every restraunt tasting all the food they have to offer. I particularly enjoyed the Buda restraunt as the decoration was incrediable, not to mention it was filled with my favourite food! ~ you need to pre book a table for this particular restraunt~ The staff were SO happy and smiley, there was only one grumpy lady but everyone else was so welcoming. 

I didn’t get a picture, but they do in fact have a pool bar with two jacuzzis on either side! A swim to the bar and then chill within bubbles... my partner enjoyed this way more than I did, I get cold very easily so needed to be in the sun to keep warm haha. 

Although we went in november the heat was still around 27 degrees and was able to catch a tan, imagine what it’s like in peak summer time! It was a bit chilly in the evening but it was nice to get a pack of cards out and play on the balcony near the main stage listening to the entertainment.






We booked to go quad biking on the friday and it was so fun! I joined onto the back as it was so difficult to steer, I would never have made it there and back on my own. I also reccoment to NOT WEAR WHITE CLOTHES. I thought i’d wear my cute little crochet top and I tried washing it a million times before we had to use product to get out the red sand that coated it- never again. On our ride we chose the shorter experience as a first try and ended up going to the abandoned ship which was one of the things I was SO excited to visit!! (If you go between June and October you are able to experience the turtles on the beach!!  as I never got to visit this here  is a link to read up about it!)


I tried to do a doodle diary of the day we went quad biking, haha






I didn’t  take blog pictures so here is my favourite outfit- new look shorts and boohoo top.
and my bikini was matalan with new look glasses!







I was told the airport was a tent, in fact I was happy to see it was a castle- like building that was undergoing work! there isn’t much in there.. a pizza place a travel shop and a little bar but it is what it is. 

Also just to add, the area is a little bit heartbreaking. There is litter all over the roads as I saw when we went quad biking and animals tied to fences. I just wanted to pick it all up and untie the animals but couldn’t. 


Thank you for reading, and let me know if you’re going/ thinking about going! 



Comments

Popular Posts