Did someone say pancakes?!



Pancakes- Hint of BlushAs it is pancake day and me being unprepared I made my way down to the kitchen to see what ingredients I could find to whip some up.




In my previous years I used to just us two bananas and an egg, but I’ve come to hate the taste of egg and with those you can get a hint of them, so I thought why not add porridge oats and see how that turns out- to my surprise they turned out ok! 

Now, these might not be for everyone but if you’re like me and didn’t go get actual pancake mix then this could be up your street.

First thing's first, I still used one egg and this time only one banana but I also added a dash of milk and two packets of apple and blueberry easy oats.
While doing this put a small bit of oil in a pan and let it heat up- it’s better to put pancakes onto a hot pan.
Pancakes- Hint of Blush

first, I mashed ,my banana with a splash of milk and then mixed in the egg (I may add you could be able to do this without it! I didn’t make sure it was a smooth consultancy as I think th little chunks of banana gives you a bit more taste...

pancakes- hint of blush

Originally I used one packet of oats but the mixture was still a bit runny so I added another making it a little more thicker, one this is done you can start by adding two spoonfuls of the mixture onto the pan and circling it out, I made one so they were as thick as a pound coin.. 





let it cook for a minute or so then take your spatular around the edge of the pancake, when it feels like it is ready to flip and you can get it onto your spatular without the mix leaking over the side, carefully flip it over.. do this until your pancake is a golden brown colour. 
This mixture made four pancakes, I layered mine with some frozen berries, grapes and of course Nutella, but you can use whatever fruit or topping you like!





And now for the best part, to eat them! How did you make your pancakes? 

Lots of love, 
Jacqueline x

Comments

Popular Posts