50s/60s Shoot





Last week I had the opportunity to do a 50s/60s style photo shoot for Glamragzz , it was so scary but fun and I had the best time! I've never done modelling before so I was so nervous to begin with, but the team I had around me were so friendly after a while you get comfortable in what you're doing and have fun with it.






Glamragzz is run by a lady called Nikki, its vintage clothes collected together by her and she sells them on. Nikki has been doing this for about two years now and it started off just as a hobby but look at her now, shes turned her hobby into a career and I personally believe thats one of the best things that could happen. Nikki collects all different types of things such as dresses, shorts, shoes, earrings, necklaces, glasses, purses, theres so much beautiful things that you need to check out. Her facebook page is - here






First off I had my hair and make up done by Miriam King. She was so friendly it wasn't awkward like I thought it was going to be,The make up was so nice I loved it, if I could have someone do that every day I would.. Whenever I thought of photo shoots I thought the models would be CAKED in make up that wasn't done properly so It looked good in the light, I don't know why or where I got this from but I was so wrong, the make up was done so nicely I didn't want to take it off.

I highly recommend Miriam if anyone is looking for a make up artist/ Stylist so go over to her Facebook page and get in contact! 



Once we were set and ready we got changed into our clothes and got going, at first I was a bit scared of getting changed in the same room as other people but by the end of it we were all whipping our clothes of and getting into the next outfits without a fuss, that's how friendly and welcoming everyone I met there was. There was no worries, no bitchiness, no bad things that people blag in the media about photo shoots, obviously it isn't a major TV show modelling shoot but that's what I had in mind, and I was so glad that everyone was as nice as they were. 


Our Photographer for the day was Penny Foster  and she was so fun to be around, her personality is so bubbly and friendly it made you feel so comfortable while being in front of the camera. The photo shoot was at her home and she done a brilliant job of making everyone feel relaxed and welcomed from the minute we pulled up into the drive. I'm so thankful to have had her as the photographer as she spoke to you and didn't just make it as you were the model and she was the photographer and that was it, she made you feel like everyone was one team and we were all friends, even though we had only just met. She definitely helped bring me out of my shell through her jokes and crazy things she said. 
Being as insecure about myself as I am I actually looked at some of these photos and said 'I quite like that actually' which is so rare,  but Penny captured and created such nice images throughout the whole day and yeah she is just a great photographer in my opinion.
If you want to check out Penny then go to her website ( here ) she also does art work and you can book in for a photo shoot with your family, pets, on your own anyone and no matter how scared you are (I thought I was going to be sick before hand I was that scared) She will make you feel so comfortable and welcome you will have the best time I can assure you.

Overall I think together Miriam, Nikki and Penny make such a good team, and I'm so grateful they allowed me to have this chance to do something I never imagined doing. Thank you for such a lovely day (and thank you for the food) I would definitely do it again. 

PS I'm sorry for using the copyright pictures I was to impatient to wait for the disc, I will delete these and replace them with the disc photos once they have arrived (sorry)

Lots of Love 


Comments

Popular Posts